Aims & Purposes
The Kyle of Sutherland District Salmon Fisheries Board has a duty to ensure the general protection and enhancement of the fishery through means such as:
• Providing fishery protection.
• Policing the purchase and sale of illegally caught and unseasonable fish.
• Ensuring the fish have free passage over obstructions to migration.
• Protecting juvenile fish and spawning redds.
The Board will endeavour to:
• Reverse the national trend in the decline of Atlantic salmon by implementing programs that safeguard and enhance the natural spawning stock throughout the Kyle region.
• Conduct habitat, population and migration assessments to guide management strategies.
• Encourage good conservation policies to prevent over exploitation of salmon by rod and net fisheries.
• Extend awareness by promoting the importance of responsible angling through education and the regular exchange of information within schools, the community and government.
• Raise the profile of the economic, cultural and environmental benefits of the five Kyle Rivers to the local community.